The position supports the development and management of UMR’s Orphans Support Program, which includes processing of information through UMR database, coordination with the different departments in the organizations, responding to customer/donor inquiries and working with the Country Program teams and partners for quality implementation of the program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updates and maintains sponsorship data and generates quarterly reports for the senior management.
- Processes donor sponsorships for orphans that are received via telephone, mail and UMR website.
- Processes new donor sponsorships, renewals, cancellations and gifts using Donor Perfect and other report mechanisms.
- Works with the UMR Country Offices and implementing partners to ensure that good quality annual reports are developed and sent to donor sponsors.
- Ensures that UMR country offices and partners are complying with UMR’s child protection policy, program protocols
- Coordinates with the country offices or implementing partners for timely submission of the progress reports, orphan profiles and any data/ case studies
- Reviews the program reports received from the field – both narrative and financial reports and processes the payments for program implementation
- Contributes to the development of the annual budget and work plan for Orphans Program and processes the signing of agreements of partnership with the UMR field offices and partner organizations
- Works with UMR Program Coordinator and programs staff in UMR Country Offices to address any issues that arise in their respective countries and follows up on any agreed action points.
- Responds to customer requests for information and inquiries through email and via telephone.
- Performs any other responsibility as may be assigned to him/her by the supervisor
Qualifications and Competencies Required:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in social sciences
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in non-profit organization with knowledge of project management, M&E and child protection activities.
- Must possess effective interpersonal and oral communications skills; effective written communications skills should include some exposure to generating reports and narratives
- Must exhibit analytical and strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to self-manage multiple priorities that are somewhat complex in nature.
- Proven ability to exhibit cultural competence and sensitivity to work with a wide array of ethnicities.
- Technical proficiency in Microsoft Office and use of databases.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Job Type: Part-time
Experience: Non profit: 2 years
Location: Alexandria, VA 22314