United Mission for Relief and Development (UMR) is a registered 501(c)(3) non-profit organization based in Washington, DC. We are one of the fastest growing NGOs in the country, with a focus on relief and developmental needs globally and domestically.
We are seeking a competent Program Assistant to work from our headquarters office in Washington, DC. The Program Assistant will lead domestic programming and support our international field offices by providing operational and programmatic support. As part of a small team, the Program Assistant will learn about organizing, community and economic development, and nonprofit program management.
Programmatic and Logistics Support:
- Work with international program leads to assist in all aspects of programming including research, outreach, and communications.
- Work with Operations Manager on domestic program development.
- Update workforce development materials on a monthly basis.
- Manage data entry in performance management and contact management database (Salesforce)F14
Communications and Reporting Support:
- Draft monthly narrative and indicator reports for submission to headquarters.
- Support director and managers in development and production of program materials such as flyers, brochures, one-pagers, etc.
- Assist in the drafting of reports to donors.
- Manage program files for the department, including uploading and tagging of documents on online databases and filing hard copies of documents.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills. Fluency in English, written and oral. Knowledge of Arabic is a plus.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Superior relationship-building skills. Courteous and professional manner. Multicultural sensitivity.
- Ability to maintain a calm and professional attitude under pressure or constantly shifting priorities.
- Master’s degree in related experience preferred; Bachelor’s required.
- Equivalent combination of education and experience considered.
- Must have U.S. Work Authorization.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
The UMR organization and UMR workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the UMR – Code of Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the UMR operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
UMR is committed to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Program Assistant Position”