Would you rather join a cause, not just an Organization? Become a part of one of the fastest growing NGO’S in the USA! We are a mission-oriented company with an exceptional culture and office environment.
About the Position
UMR is hiring an Executive Assistant / Office Assistant, General Superstar to support our explosive-growth organization. This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of office operations.
The successful candidate is energized, incredibly organized and a great communicator who excels at tackling new challenges and is constantly looking to make things work better and more efficiently. Our office environment is fast-paced, dynamic and collaborative and our team is extremely tight-nit. You can rest assured each day will be different and exciting.
This is an opportunity to make your mark at an early-stage startup that will triple in headcount just this year. The opportunities for your professional growth are endless.
- Manage the daily workflow of the CEO and DFA, including scheduling, coordinating travel and managing appointments
- Assist as necessary in the organization and support of meetings and conferences
- Assist in the preparation of meeting materials, including data collection, preparation and assembly of materials
- Coordinate travel arrangements as needed, including flight, accommodation, visa application and ground transportation
- Track next steps on meeting outcomes and communications
- Prepare reports for the CEO and DFA by researching, transcribing, inputting, editing and retrieving text, data, and graphics from multiple sources of information and meetings
- Receive and greet visitors as needed
- Process expense reports and invoices
- Assist with the preparation, editing, scanning, copying and distribution of written correspondence – including PowerPoint and other document formats
- Assist with the administrative aspects of budget management for departments overseen by the CEO and DFA
- Coordinate with Executive Assistants of other HQ departments to plan cross-functional leadership meetings
- Collaborate with Executive Assistants of other HQ departments to plan activities and events to promote a positive work culture and encourage interaction within and across teams in Operations & Strategy
- Plan, communicate and execute key Operations & Strategy Unit projects and initiatives from inception to completion
- Perform other job related duties, as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders with tact and diplomacy, both orally and in writing
- Minimum 3 years of full-time professional work experience, with at least 2 years of experience working as an Executive Assistant to senior leadership or in a comparable role
- Ability to organize, plan, schedule, determine priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously
- Excellent presentation and meeting arrangement skills – a good understanding of how to create high impact settings
- Service-orientation and flexibility, commitment to help and support in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills, ability to maintain positive working relationships at all organizational levels
- Ability to take initiative, function independently and navigate ambiguity
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Must have strong attention to detail, excellent discretion, judgment, tact, initiative, creativity, critical thinking, organizational skills, and self-motivation
- Demonstrated interest in the humanitarian sector and the UMR’s mission
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher)
- Strong computer proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
Position Reports to: Director, Finance & Administration