Domestic Emergency Response
UMR’s community outreach efforts under Emergency Response include educational trainings for disaster response/recovery, environmental health hazards, emergency preparedness, and hazard mitigation programming. Strategic areas of operations include distributing food and items to survivors, such as hygiene emergency kits, immediate health supplies, blankets/bedding, and providing assistance with other unmet needs of the community or populations affected. The UMR Emergency Response program also helps provide individual assistance by providing cash cards, disaster financial education, housing clean-up, and debris removal.
The UMR Emergency Response uses comprehensive fundamentals of planning to develop emergency operations and efforts in the areas of preparedness, education, response, recovery, and mitigation.
UMR Emergency Response Strategic Areas of Operation and Programs:
- Preparedness: includes planning and preparedness activities before emergencies occur
- Response: putting preparedness plans into action, response activities, sustaining life
- Recovery: recovery activities, financial assistance for survivors, relief programing
- Mitigation: prevention of future hazards, working to minimize effects, reducing harm
- Education: training and educating the public and/or volunteers on areas of emergency response
Working under national preparedness policies for disasters or major incidents, UMR:
- Conducts community-based planning that engages the whole community
- Develops a response planning process that represents the whole community population
- Engages community leaders, government, and the private sector in the planning process
- Creates risk analysis and identify operational needs and resources
- Prioritizes planning efforts to support the needs of survivors
The Better Together Coalition with combined contribution from UMR, IMANA, UHR, and Pure Hands completed the year with giving efforts to the response to the CA Wildfires. This effort was extremely impo...
The recent terror attack in New Zealand at a mosque during Friday prayers sparked a discussion worldwide, highlighting the important leadership role Imams have in their communities. To be a great ...
UMR Chapter youth members between the ages of 18-24 get trained on emergency preparedness and are equipped with resources to know what to do in the case of an emergency. They learn how to create emerg...